Swiss roll meringue cake with cherry filling @bakalite.se
5 egg whites
1½ dl sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
100g hazelnut flour
½dl corn starch
200g cream cheese
1dl cherry jam
15-20 chopped cherries
2-3 tbsp chopped hazel nuts
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
2. Mix the dough and spread it on baking paper on a tray.
3. Bake in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes until firm to the touch. Remove baking paper, place upside down on new paper. Let it cool down.
4. Spread 2/3 of the filling on the sponge. Springle over the chopped cherries. Roll the sponge tightly. Let it rest in the fridge for minimum four hours.
5. Decorate with the rest of the filling, the chopped hazelnuts and the whole cherries.
Tip: Add a little zest of lime or lemon to the filling.