Bread with fennel
For one bread:
Loaf pan 1.2 l.
1/4 tbsp. fennel seeds, dried
10 g yeast
3 dl whole milk luke warn
20 g sugar
500 g wheat flour
50 g butter
12 g salt
Tip: If you wish to bake the bread on the same day you can skip the cold rise and add 10 g extra yeast and let the dough rise to double size.
1. Squeeze the fennel seeds into a fine powder
2. Dissolve the yeast in milk with sugar
3. Add flour, fennel powder and salt and use a hand mixer to knead the dough for 5- 7 minutes.
4. Add butter in pieces and knead for 5 minutes
5. For a cold rise transfer the dough to a container with space enough for it to rise to double bulk. If you wish to bake the bread the same day, use in total 20 g of yeast and let the dough rise to double bulk in a warm place.
6. Knead the dough again by hand and fold it several times shaping it so it fits into a loaf form. Let loaf rise in loaf pan until double size approx. 30 – 40 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven. Bake the bread at 200 °C with conventional oven and at 180 °C with convection oven until it is golden, well risen and firm, around 30 – 40 minutes. Take it out of the loaf pan and let it cool on a wire cooling rack.
Recipe by Magasinet Lækkerier