Easy chocolate cake with ganache
Cake mould 1.5 l makes 8-10 servings
25o g of butter
250 g of sugar
60 g of cocoa powder
250 g of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 eggs (M)
1½ dl buttermilk
1 tablespoon of espresso powder
½ dl boiling water
For the mould:
20 g of butter
1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of flour
100 g of dark chocolate
60 g of cream
40 g of glucose syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C degrees. (normal heating)
2. Grease the mould with butter. Mix the cocoa powder and flour and pour it into the mould, shake the surplus out again.
3. Beat the soft butter and sugar white at high speed.
4. Mix cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
5. Mix espresso powder and ½ dl boiling water, let it cool down and mix in the butter milk. If you wish to avoid the coffee taste use 2 dl butter milk instead.
6. Add one egg to the butter and sugar, stir and add a table spoon of the flour mix. Add the next egg and stir.
7. Add the flour mix and the liquid slowly and mix in between.
8. Pour into the prepared mould and bake the cake 35- 40 min.
9. Remove the cake from the oven and set aside to cool for 15 min. in the pan. Turn the cake unto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
10. Meanwhile, for the ganache icing, place the cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to just below boiling point. Place the chocolate in a bowl and pour over the hot cream. Let it melt together for 2 min. Stir together until the ganache is smooth. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before pouring over the cake. Tip: Only prepare the ganache the same day as the cake is being served. Add any topping decoration you like e.g. pistachio nuts.