25 g fresh yeast
50 cl porter or similar dark beer
½ dl dark bread syrup
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
6-8 dl sifted spelt flour
1 dl raisins
Oil for greasing
1 dl water, hot
1 tbsp dark bread syrup
1. Dissolve the yeast in room-tempered porter or other dark beer.
2. Add syrup, oil and spices and combine.
3. Add the flour, a little by little, and mix together until smooth. Finally add the raisins.
4. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise for an hour.
5. Grease the COOK & SERVE bowl with oil and put the dough into the bowl. Cover and let rise another half hour.
6. Set oven to 200 C.
7. Mix hot water and syrup, brush the bread thoroughly.
8. Bake the bread in the lower part of the oven for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 175 C and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
9. Let cool slightly in the bowl then completely on an oven grid covered with a kitchen towel.
½ g saffron
½ tbsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
250 g butter or margarine
1. Grind saffron and salt, add lemon juice and leave for five minutes.
2. Whisk the butter white and fluffy, add the saffron and mix well.