Small spelt bread rolls
400 ml cold water
100 gr sour cream 18%
1 tsp runny honey
12 gr yeast
35 gr wholegrain spelt flour
Ca. 650 gr wholemeal spelt flour
12 gr fine salt
Oil for greasing bowl
Flakes of sea salt for decoration
- Mix water, sour cream and honey in a bowl, add yeast and stir till the mixture is smooth.
- Add flour and stir lightly. Let the dough rest for 15 minutes. Add a few spoons of water if the dough looks too dry.
- Add salt and knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl and place the dough in it. Leave the dough at room temperature. Then place the bowl in the fridge overnight (for 8-12 hours).
- Next day: take out the dough and let it ”wake up”. Turn on the oven at 210C.
- Turn the dough out onto a table sprinkled with flour. Use a sharp knife or a dough spatula to cut out 20-25 small bread rolls.
- Place the rolls on baking paper, sprinkle sea salt flakes on the top and bake for 10 minutes till the crust is crisp and golden. Take out and leave to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy.
Recipe by ”Lækkerier” October 2019
GOODIES Storage jar
SHARP bread knife
BOX-IT butter box
BOX-IT bread box
LOOP salt & pepper jar