Quantity: 10-12 servings
Equipment: bundt cake form, 1.5 L.
170 g wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 eggs, size M/L
200 g sugar
1 untreated red grapefruit, grated peel
1 vanilla pod (or 1 teaspoon vanilla paste)
Juice of ½ red grapefruit
150 g butter
100 g Greek yogurt, 10%
A little extra butter for the mould
1. Turn on the oven at 180 °C (normal heat). Grease the cake tin and set it aside to cool.
2. Melt the butter and let it cool.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Scrape the grains out of the vanilla pod.
4. Whip eggs, sugar, grapefruit peel and vanilla lightly and fluffily. Mix melted butter and grapefruit juice into the eggnog and stir it homogeneously. Now turn gently the yoghurt and flour mixture into the dough alternately, a little at a time and stir the cake dough homogeneously.
5. Sift some flour into the cake tin and knock out the excess. Pour the dough into the mould and bake the cake for approx. 40 minutes until it is just done (use a meat needle to check if it is done).
6. Let the finished cake rest for 5-10 minutes in the mould before turning it out and cooling it on a baking sheet.
Serve the cake as it is or with a glaze of icing sugar and grapefruit juice.
Recipe by the magazine "Lækkerier".
RIG-TIG offers you various gear for cooking and baking that is both functional and decorative.