Quantity: 1 cake, 6-8 persons
Equipment: 18 cm springform
100 g fresh spinach
2 tablespoons milk
225 g sugar
200 g soft butter
2 lemons - zests from non-treated fruits
4 eggs, size M/L (room temperature)
225 g flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
100 g soft butter
150 g powdered sugar
175 g natural cream cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Fresh edible flowers.
TIP: The cake can also be baked as muffins, with a baking time of approx. 25 min.
1. Pour boiling water over the spinach and let it rest for 1 min. Cool it down with plenty of cold water.
2. Press the spinach free of water and put it into a smoothie blender, add milk and mix it till it is even.
3. Turn on the oven 175 °C (160 °C convection oven).
4. Whisksugar, butter and lemon zest in a bowl for 5 to 7 minutes till it is light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs one by one. Stir lightly.
6. Combine flour and baking powder in a bowl. Add flour then spinach to the dough little by little.
7. Pour the dough into the greased spring form (18 cm) and bake the cake for approx. 1 hour until the top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Let it cool in the form.
8. While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting. Whisk soft butter and powdered sugar till it is light and fluffy – minimum 5 minutes.
9. Add cream cheese (room temperature) and lemon and whisk till the mixture is smooth.
10. Pour the frosting into a bag with a round spray tulle. Take the cake out of the form and spray round dots on the top of the cake. Decorate with edible flowers.
Recipe by the magazine “Lækkerier”.
Bring the cake with you on the go along with the To Go products.