Quantity: 8 servings
Equipment: 2 round cake pans, 18 cm in diameter
Tonka cream filling
2 gelatin sheets
2.5 dl cream
Some finely grated tonka bean - about 1/8th of a bean
3 egg yolks
80 g sugar
Tip: If you cannot get hold of tonka beans use ½ vanilla bean instead
40 g butter
1 dl fat milk
50 g marzipan
160 g sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla powder or paste
180 g wheat flour
20 g cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
Red berries like strawberries, raspberries or ribben
Add edible flowers if you like
1. Let the sheets of gelatin soak in cold water for 8 minutes.
2. Pour cream and a spoon of sugar into a thick pan and heat up the mixture.
3. Whip egg yolks the grated tonka bean and the remaining sugar in a large bowl.
4. Pour the warn cream into the eggs while whipping, pour it back into the pan and heat it up slowly while whipping until it reaches 84 °C. It should not boil but just thicken lightly. Better to heat it a little too little than too much to avoid lumps. Taste and see if it needs a little more tonka bean. Cover it up and put it in the fridge.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C – conventional oven
2. Prepare the two baking forms with baking paper
3. Melt butter and pour in the fat milk
4. Whip in the grated marzipan and sugar with a hand mixer until it is even
5. Whip marzipan-sugar with the eggs till its white and light
6. Mix flour, corn starch and baking powder and add it slowly to the egg – beat it lightly
7. Pour milk and butter into the dough
8. Pour the dough into the two forms and bake for 15-20 minutes till they are light brown and baked
9. Let them cool down on a rack
1. Whip the 2.5 dl cream with a hand mixer. Whip the cold tonka crème swiftly and add it to the crème.
2. Place one sponge on a plate and add crème and berries, place the other sponge on top and add the rest of the crème and decorate with berries and edible flowers.
This recipe was created by the magazine "Lækkerier".
The recipe of the sweet and fresh lemon caramels creates an easy and inviting baking atmosphere with the RIG-TIG baking gear.